Thursday, March 4, 2010

Love taking photos..

Since i stopped work about  4 1/2 years ago, i have needed something to keep me interested and my mind active.  I would never have thought way back then that photography or taking photos was going to be that.  I love my scrapping both paper and digital, but it is taking a gorgeous photo that keeps me buzzing.  Now believe me, i am in no way a professional..closer to very amaturish..( is that even a word..lol).  BUT.. that is not the point, the fact that i try to capture moments in my boys lives and my families precious moments is what is importatnt to me.  I have learnt so much is such a short period of time and i have so much more to learn.  However lets just say i am enjoying the ride. 
I came across this blog the other day called My Four Hens Photography.. Boy can this lady take a good picture.  She also has a website where she sells her own Photoshop Actions and the best thing about it, is that she has some that are compatible with photoshop elements.  She currently has some freebies on her website at the moment that you should pick up if you are interested.
Basically what a photoshop action does is helps to enhance your photo to make it the best it can possibly be. Variations can be very evident and others are much softer and less noticable.
Here are some examples i have used on a photo on Nic. The first one is the original.. and the others are the same photo, with an action run on them. 


So as you can see it can change your photo to look simply amazing.  I still have soooooooooooo much to learn with Photo actions, and i probably dont use them to the best of their ability, but i am loving learning about them. 
Can't wait for little Baby Boo to come in 3 weeks time to practise even more!!

Hope you are having a great week!!

2 comments:

suzitee said...

is it really only 3 weeks to go? WOW...how exciting! If you happen to go early...LOL...good luck, and can't wait to hear the details :)

Mrs Frizz said...

Cute pics ...